- Birth certificate information and how to obtain a copy of your birth certificate.
- The Universal Currency Converter.
- Maps, driving directions, road trip planner, and yellow pages.
- Security Checkpoint wait times – The US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a new system available that makes estimated security checkpoint wait times available to travelers. Note that the estimates are based upon historical information and are not real-time.
- Passport services and information.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of when passports became mandatory for U.S. citizens traveling between the United States and Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. As passports are valid for ten years, the U.S. State Department foresees a surge in passport applications and renewal requests this year, taking upwards of 16 weeks to process. In fact, more than 17 million Americans are expected to apply for or renew passports in 2016, up from about 14 million in 2015.*
It is important to note, passports must be valid for up to six months at time of arrival to your travel destination. Passport and visa information may be obtained by contacting the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or by visiting the State Department website at http://www.state.gov/travel.